Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How low is your drag car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How low is your drag car?

Alrite so i finally got everything together with my car and my 9" in and started dialing everything in and i for the life of my cant get the front end to ride higher than 25" at the top of the wheel well. Im on Strange DAs with a 300# front spring turned between 1/3rd and 1/2 way up. I raelly dont mind the low ride height AT ALL. infact i love the way it looks, i just want to make sure its not going to hurt anything? as stupid as that sounds i guess. Im a cam only M6 car making low 400 wheel, compression on 8 rebound on 3(1 being loosest 10 being tightest) as a starting point while i break the gear in and before i can go make passes and fine tune everything. Im on a 28" MT radial on a 17" rim so i dont plan on any kind of monster wheelies, or really lifting the front much at all to be honest.

am i gong to be okay? should i turn the spring up more? it doesnt seem like its sitting up much higher the more i turn it. Ido have the front adjusted level when i am in the drivers seat so it does sit level with the car weighted down.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You need to be sitting in the car, and get it on a set of scales if you want it to work right. 25 inches is a little low, I think 25.5 would be better, especially if you street drive it.

Track only car, you can run it that low, I have the front of mine lower then that, and the back's gonna be about the same, when it's done.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay ive heard of corner scaling, but i have no idea what it actually is... can you enlighten me? Ive got the front level with me in it, and the rear is actually sitting pretty level with me in it after i moved the battery into the back. im a big dude (260lbs) so i was amazing at how even things came out after a little bit of trial and error even with me weighing the side of the car down.

i am taking the car to a local drivetrain/suspension shop to have the dial in the rear suspension cuz i cant for the life of me get it right and i dont want to hurt something with the ~1/8th of an inch off that it appears to be. so maybe i can have them do whatever is needed to get it perfect? They are a drag oriented shop
Old 09-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

They'll put the car on a set of scales, and get the weight where it needs to be. Right rear should have about 100 lbs more on it then the left, this will get the car to go strait (99% of the time anyway as long as the rear is centered/square to the chassis), and they can set the front to rear bias with the front ride height.

If you have a drag orientated shop they can set it up I'm sure.

I'm about 260, working towards 230 myself, so I understand that.

Quick Reply: How low is your drag car?