Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hot rod wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hot rod wiring

Getting tired of trimming my chassis harness and having it still look like crap. I dont need 75% of the fuses in the fuse panel and have a ton of wiring that is either way too long or mis-routed.

Has anyone just purchased a 12/18 circuit univ. wiring harness and re-done the chassis harness? For $200+-, it seems like this may be the best option as I'm only running the basics.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Ya i did it it with a painless harness n then made a seprate standalone nitrous harness and trimmed up n customized the engine harness intoa standalone its super clean an cake to trace any problems later down the road plus i know its all fresh wiring wit un needed splices and butchery
Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was planning the same, only using something a little nicer. I can't remember who makes it, but there is this setup that has these control boxes basically that go at the front and rear, along with a master box. The taillights and such would go to the box, then ONE small cable runs to the front master, and the same for the front electronics. That would simplify finding electronic problems even more, and cut weight (just a little, but still) while making getting the interior fitting nicely so much easier.