Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Where should i spend my money?
Go with the heads!!!
0%
Suspension?
66.67%
Other, please state
33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Need help for next mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help for next mod

Okay so i have some money to spend and some options on the table. Car is cam only full suspension 4.56 geared M6 radial car for those of you that havent seen my annoying posts over the last few months lol

1) i have a friend selling some ported 706 cast heads, currently on untouched stock 241s. Would throw fresh big valve springs on them, get a multi angle valve job on them and throw them on

2) get a tubular kmember and a arms, then decide to run my solid MMs or go with a plate setup

3)pocket my $600 and save for ?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knock some weight off the front end will help alot !!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Internet Mechanic

Buy some Bias Plys, Drag Bar, Shocks.

If your having trouble with the car now, adding power is not going to help but show how much the combo does not work.

The biggest thing I saw in the early 2000's was M6 LS1's putting up kill MPH and Subpar ET's. I honestly was not worried about any car running 117 or slower as most of them was not even in the 11.99x range and my mis-matched Auto LT1 383 was still winning races and events. My best MPH in that was was 113 btw.

Losing weight is also a big help but in the end the m6 hits the tires hard, there is no slip and that is what makes it hard to race once the cam goes in. IF the car stayed stockish power or/with a 100 shot (on the button, delayed, or progressive) then your fine on the radial.

Edit: Saw that you have a 2-step in another post.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Buy some Bias Plys, Drag Bar, Shocks.

If your having trouble with the car now, adding power is not going to help but show how much the combo does not work.

The biggest thing I saw in the early 2000's was M6 LS1's putting up kill MPH and Subpar ET's. I honestly was not worried about any car running 117 or slower as most of them was not even in the 11.99x range and my mis-matched Auto LT1 383 was still winning races and events. My best MPH in that was was 113 btw.

Losing weight is also a big help but in the end the m6 hits the tires hard, there is no slip and that is what makes it hard to race once the cam goes in. IF the car stayed stockish power or/with a 100 shot (on the button, delayed, or progressive) then your fine on the radial.

Edit: Saw that you have a 2-step in another post.

unfortunatly i do not have room to have a second set of rims right now so i have to work with my ET radials.

i do however have strange DA coilovers on all 4 corners, a full adjustable MWC rear end w/ ARB. The only stock part of the suspension is the K member and a arms actually lol. ive got buil trans, built botom end, every other little bell and whistle lol