Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noob Suspension Question

I was looking at pics from my last trip to the track and noticed that when launching the right rear squats down more that the drivers side rear. I still have all stock suspension and I'm running high 13's, but I wanted to know if this is something that I need to work on as I get more serious speeds. What would it take to even out the rear end when launching, or should I not worry about it. Here are links showing both sides. Hopefully they will work...

http://www.photophilonline.com/photo...ewImage=120057

http://www.photophilonline.com/photo...ewImage=119865

http://www.photophilonline.com/photo...ewImage=119845
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time i've seen your car since you got it painted, looking sharp!!

As far as evening out the rearend, the best fix is Drag bar. My car does the same thing and I am in need of one also. However I would not upgrade to it just yet. I would probably go in this order. Adj LCAs, PHB, Weld in SFCs, Tunnel Mount TA, ADJ Shocks then Drag Bar. Just my opinion... Shoot me a PM if I can help you when you start buying parts...
Old 11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Andy!! Last Saturday is my first trip to the track since it came out of the paint booth about 5 weeks ago. People actually come up to me and compliment me on the car now, instead of just laughing at it.

I am about to order a few of the things you mentioned from one of the sponsors that is having a black friday sale. Already have a panhard rod that I picked up used a while back and just installed it yesterday. I also found a deal on some Bilstein shocks that I plan to install (I know, not adjustable but better than stock). I was planning to order lca relocation brackets, and a torque arm. But I am steering away from the tunnel mount torque arm since it causes more vibration in the car. I also wasn't planning on sfc's for the same reason, plus verts have the factory version of sfc's anyway. This car is still primarily a weekend beach cruiser, with occasional trips to the track, so comfort is still my primary concern.

I saw a post recently where you seem to be getting dangerously close to joining the single-digit club. That's haulin' man!!
Old 11-25-2010, 08:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a t/a is important as an aftermarket one helps stop wheel hop which is a known 10 bolt killer. while your getting one you might as well get one that takes the TA off of the tail shaft of the trans to take some pressure off of your trans.

a drag bar is way extreme for a 13 sec car. all you really need is prolly a little stiffer sway bar. Strano sells an adjustable one that you might want to look into, ive heard nothing but good thigns about it