Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing unused wires ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing unused wires ?

First off mot sure if this is the right place for this thread if not point me in the right direction please. Im in the process of removing excess wires i dont need anymore im wanting to know the easiest and best way of doing it i have already pulled my dash out and got rid of all the hvac stuff no i want to get all the wires for radio, hvac, abs, air bags ect any help pics or links or just advice im having trouble figuring out what relays, modules, fuses, i can remove as there are alot of them under the dash that appear to be on the harness for the ac and other stuff
Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Probably a good idea to get a wiring diagram if possible. It'll keep you from removing the wrong stuff.

-Will
Old 01-20-2011, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have you run any searches?

There is a TON of info on this section. You can also start with the stickies on the conversion/hybrid section.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SScam68
have you run any searches?

There is a TON of info on this section. You can also start with the stickies on the conversion/hybrid section.
I really dont know what to put in the search to get good results i have tried
Old 01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wiring diagrams help alot especially when u run into wiring junctions. also make sure to trace the whole wire completely or match the wire to its pin before pulling them completely. there are really good pieces of info and writeups in the conversions and hybrids section which have pin-outs for pretty much all of the harnesses
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

definitely get some schematics & take your time, so you don't cut something out that you still need. i did my whole car & had schematics & still cut 2 wires that i shouldn't have. luckily i was able to put them back in. good luck
Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nsty98LS1
definitely get some schematics & take your time, so you don't cut something out that you still need. i did my whole car & had schematics & still cut 2 wires that i shouldn't have. luckily i was able to put them back in. good luck
How did u know u needed them lol that may be a dumb ? I know the monsoon amp and speakers had a ton of wires and im not trying to go to hard core i just want them gone, air bag wires, hvac wires thats mainly all i hope i have not messed up yet lol

Quick Reply: Removing unused wires ?