Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quest for MPH !! (caution, ricer math inside) !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most of the stock motor cars iv dug up trapping 120 are about 2850 racweight, the one guy trapped 124....it can be done but only time will tell what mine will do...i was planning on a 2850 raceweight to be solid 10s anyway
Old 06-03-2011, 07:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Atco or Cecil with -1000 + DA, it's the biggest power adder N/A guys have on the east coast. You can do it but your weather conditions will have to be ideal.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All that I will simply say is Jason (JL) is giving very sound advice and knows what he is talking about.

From my exp. MPH for me is a Weight to HP Ratio and yes there will be other mitigating factors such as air quality, track conditions, suspension, gearing among other things that you can do to tweak that result. In the end getting the weight down, and getting the motor to the RPM that works best.

IF MPH only matters then ditch the auto and go manual you pick up just from that alone, especially if you go for a LIGHT weight flywheel.

I am of the mindset that ET matters more then MPH so some of this throws the idea of a good ET out the window but there are definitly options to think about.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:08 AM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO WAY i totally agreet ET is the goal ! im not saying MPH is greater than ET but MPH deffinetly has an effect....im saying my car has a badass 60 especially on the street, its just the higher horsepower cars come around me on the big end...(they have to work for it tho haha) ....so i was just trying to give myself a little more on the big end to get that 120 trap