Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire and suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011 | 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Default Tire and suspension

bout to try and make some time to get the car to the track, Needed to decide on a tire and what to do with the susp. I bought the car lowered on intrax springs, but it does have non adjustable lower control arms, panhard bar, and sway bar with Moser 9" rear and 4.56 gears... car is a 6spd... Does make around 470 rear wheel horspower on motor... I am in process of getting the kit on it and tuning as well... While in meantime Im trying to find a good tire to run, and suspension... The car has intrax lowering springs which I beleive is going to KILL me...

I have ran a 26 10 15 M/T et drag on my old car and absolutely loved it, I hit a 1.46 60ft time with them but that was with 3.42 gears... I think the 4.56's will blister 26 10's

Any input would be great before I proceed with my orders guys!
Old 06-08-2011 | 04:06 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Stock heater hose modded springs out back w/ da shocks, sa shocks up front with the appropriate spring, can't go wrong with strange or afco.
Old 06-08-2011 | 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01sscam
Stock heater hose modded springs out back w/ da shocks, sa shocks up front with the appropriate spring, can't go wrong with strange or afco.
Lol could you explain a little better lol u lost me!
Old 06-08-2011 | 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=01sscam;15015424]Stock heater hose modded springs out back w/ da shocks, sa shocks up front with the appropriate spring, can't go wrong with strange or afco.[/QUO

how does the heater hose mod help traction or is it just for lowering purposes only
Old 06-08-2011 | 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

01sscam said - Get stock rear springs for the rear end. Remove the isolator and put heater hose over the springs to prevent metal on metal contact on the underside of the car. Get DA (double adjustable) shocks for the rear, and SA (single adjustable) shocks for the front with the approapriate spring rate. In your case the spring rate would probably be 300-325 depending on the front end weight. The best DA/SA shocks for drag are going to be AFCOs as #1, Strange as #2. Does that help?
Old 06-08-2011 | 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by skeeter99
Originally Posted by 01sscam
how does the heater hose mod help traction or is it just for lowering purposes only
when you remove the rear isolators (the rubber cups on top of the springs) the springs will rub on the underside of the car. That is why you do the heater hose over the outside of the springs to prevent the rubbing. Stock rear springs are good because they keep decent ride height and stiffness. Removing the isolators will lose you about 1/2" ride height.
Old 06-08-2011 | 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=djfury05;15016037]when you remove the rear isolators (the rubber cups on top of the springs) the springs will rub on the underside of the car. That is why you do the heater hose over the outside of the springs to prevent the rubbing. Stock rear springs are good because they keep decent ride height and stiffness. Removing the isolators will lose you about 1/2" ride height.[/QUOTe

Yea i read the write up on it before i just didnt know if he was saying the heater hose mod helped with traction