Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheelbase settings/suspension settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelbase settings/suspension settings

My question is after i installed lower control arm relocation my tire looks to far forward (have adjustable LCA's so its not biggie) but i looked up the stock wheelbase and it is 101.1 inches and thats what mine is measuring...do i just center it in teh rear wheelwell and whatever it is it is ?

Also should i need the BFH mod to run a 15 inch rim and 275/50/15 radials ? i already trimmed the bumpstop flush and everything ?

one more thing...when i weld in teh upper tabs for my anti-roll bar do i like extend the links out halfway...or just scew them all the way in when i weld it or what ? or all teh way out ? hahaha NOOB
Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

On the lower control arms you are going to want make sure the wheel is centered up in the wheel well and then take a measurement making sure the control arms are the same length from side to side. This will insure that the car will track straight.

You shouldn't need to do any clearancing with a 15" wheel and a 275 drag radial. Is it a stock width rearend that you have in the car?

I like to start out by setting the end links to a neutral setting, if the car still doesn't want to launch nice and level being set to neutral than I would add about a 1/2 turn or so of preload into the the driver's side end link and you should be good.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The relocation brackets are most likely angleing to the rear off the axle which seems common, when you put the LCA on it pulled the axle forward, because you opened the triangle of your suspension shortening the length on top, increased the vertical length below/away from the axle, with the same length control arm, resulting in pulling the axle forward... this is why I always recommend a DA LCA to everyone even though they may not need it, it's easier to more option than not enough.

I measure from the body, if I remember correctly my passanger side is about 1/16 to 1/8th longer. The car pulled/spunn to the right, I raised the control arms and adjusted the P/S length, then raised the control arm again after the second night out, 3rd time out it was almost hooking and ran strait.

The problem with adjusting the suspension geometry, is you now need to know how to adjust to make it apply to your car. See the link below.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...nt-center.html