Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear end and wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear end and wheels

i am going to be eventually swapping a 12 bolt in my car but i want to go ahead and buy wheels my question is i want to buy bs draglites 15x10 or 15x8 but i am wondering if i have my 12 bolt narrowed is this going to affect how much back space required also is 28x10.50 the same as 275/60/15
i am asking this is because i dont want to roll the fenders dnt care about doing bfh mod thats ok but would like to know to accomplish this with out rolling fenders
Old 01-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you have the rear end narrowed your stock wheel selection goes away so if u want to do it. Do it now when its built.

You could get extra long arp studs and spacers to make up the distance but its just something to really think about. As far as actual BS there are better people here that could answer.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastazzls1
i am going to be eventually swapping a 12 bolt in my car but i want to go ahead and buy wheels my question is i want to buy bs draglites 15x10 or 15x8 but i am wondering if i have my 12 bolt narrowed is this going to affect how much back space required also is 28x10.50 the same as 275/60/15
i am asking this is because i dont want to roll the fenders dnt care about doing bfh mod thats ok but would like to know to accomplish this with out rolling fenders
It's pretty simple, if you buy wheels to fit your rearend then buy a narrowed rearend you would be moving the tire inward the distance the rearend is narrowed. For instance, if the rearend is narrowed 2 inches on each side the tires will move in 2 inches. In turn, the answer to your question is yes it will affect backspace and tire fitment. A 28X10.5 and a 275/60 is roughly the same in diameter/width depending on who made the tire. My recommendation is to narrow the housing then buy wheels accordingly. Otherwise, you will have all sorts of problems for no reason other than poor planning.