Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag bar?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The ever popular MWC bolt-in anti-roll kit weighs in at 8 pounds... yes it is tubular chromemoly, has been 1.19s-that we know of- on drag radials
Chromoly only has one "M" and no "E's"
Old 02-10-2012, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wws699
Chromoly only has one "M" and no "E's"
I think it's spelled chrome-moly.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I laugh at all of these pissing matches that all of these sponsors get into. The big three here are ALWAYS spending way too much time pitching there stuff on here. I cant say I blame them because if one does it they all have to do it but just about every thread is too much!

How about for one week you guys let your customers talk up your products!

Joe
Old 02-10-2012, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StraightTimeStirrups
I laugh at all of these pissing matches that all of these sponsors get into. The big three here are ALWAYS spending way too much time pitching there stuff on here. I cant say I blame them because if one does it they all have to do it but just about every thread is too much!

How about for one week you guys let your customers talk up your products!

Joe
Yeah that's crazy that a sponsor would advertise a product on a forum that requires you to pay for a sponsorship. What nerve they have! <-----------Sarcasm...
Old 02-10-2012, 04:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
The old bar was solid and considerably wider, so there was more material. Not to mention the mounting hardware and endlinks were heavier too. Overall, we are very pleased with the new design. Especially since it's already blasted out low 1.20 60-foots! We want it on as many cars as possibly because it will certainly go faster. I will add that that car had the mounts welded to the axle tube. We suggest that be done after a certain level.
- Kevin
I don't beleive ya. You should send me one and trade it for the old design one on my car now
Old 02-10-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by custm2500
Does anyone drive with a drag bar on the street? Just curious if it is horrible to drive on the street.
Originally Posted by transam69230
Drove my UMI drag bar all the time on the street. It makes the car really stiff in the back! Just don't be dumb when you enter and exit corners. I usually take the recommended speed when enter corners now.

I also run a drag setup on my car full time with the front sway bar removed. I have been driving my car like this for 3 or more years without any issues.
Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Daily driver that sees all weather conditions I would not do it. the possibility of losing it in the rain, would be pretty good.

For a nice weather, street strip car that's making any power, I would say go for it.
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Aside from the noise the spohn bar likes to make, no problems. With no front sway, it will oversteer if you act stupid. I drive in all weather and realize I'm not in a stock car.
I have Spohn's Drag bar on mine and drive it on the street occasionally, but definitely listen to the recommendations above.

Originally Posted by TurboStangJON
I think it's spelled chrome-moly.
Nope, sorry it is chromoly or CRMO as in alloying elements from chromium and molybdenum.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

drag bar........thought this may have been a "different" kind of thread.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
drag bar........thought this may have been a "different" kind of thread.
.... and you still entered the thread?

... just kidding!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Custom Anti-Roll here, not sure how light, but it's been 1.29 on the back tires on 275's and I drive mine on the street!

It does like to let me know it's there going into my driveway, but I think the spool, 25psi of air, manual steering and solid rod ended suspension plays a big part in that too!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
.... and you still entered the thread?

... just kidding!
i HAD to get a look.......trannys in hot rods.......sounds like a reality show!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA

Nope, sorry it is chromoly or CRMO as in alloying elements from chromium and molybdenum.
That's a racers abbreviation for the material unless the American Welding Society, Miller Welders, or Lincoln Welders are all spelling it wrong. Feel free to look at these references and tell me I'm incorrect. Furthermore, when I order material from any company they all spell it that way.

http://www.aws.org/conferences/chrome-moly/

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...ly-detail.aspx

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...me-Moly-Tubing
Old 02-13-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TurboStangJON
That's a racers abbreviation for the material unless the American Welding Society, Miller Welders, or Lincoln Welders are all spelling it wrong. Feel free to look at these references and tell me I'm incorrect. Furthermore, when I order material from any company they all spell it that way.

http://www.aws.org/conferences/chrome-moly/

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...ly-detail.aspx

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...me-Moly-Tubing
Oh ... so that means NHRA, SAE, ASTM and API all must use the "racers abbreviation”. Damn, and you are throwing out reference links? I think we all know what was meant by the original post and I will concede that there are two acceptable ways of referring to CrMo …

... anyway OP …. I see no reason not to run a drag bar on the street as long as you understand the handling characteristics of driving with one.

Quick Reply: Drag bar?