Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some help with Wiring

Im workin on the 98 camaro. I've went to a carb setup, done some weight reduction and stripped most of the interior to do some clean up with the wiring.
I just need some help on getting this thing wired back up with the bare essentials. I just want the basic Headlights H/L, Tail/Brakes and Signals. What relays are needed and how do I wire them up?
Im basically starting from scratch. Ive got the Chiltons book with a few diagrams but I dont really understand all the relays, fusible links etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneDomestics
Im workin on the 98 camaro. I've went to a carb setup, done some weight reduction and stripped most of the interior to do some clean up with the wiring.
I just need some help on getting this thing wired back up with the bare essentials. I just want the basic Headlights H/L, Tail/Brakes and Signals. What relays are needed and how do I wire them up?
Im basically starting from scratch. Ive got the Chiltons book with a few diagrams but I dont really understand all the relays, fusible links etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Send me a PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

I ran mine with a painless 8 circuit chaiss harness then made my own efi/ nitrous harness stand alone with seperate fuse panel to make changin set ups and tracking down problems easy you could use there 12 circuit kit to or talk to smknta95 he does some amazing work if you see his prvious threads
Old 03-15-2012, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PM sent

I have seen some of SMKN's threads and his setup is similar to what im after. Im just confused on wiring the relays, fusible links etc.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I need some help with some of this wiring...

IGNITION

The 12gauge Red Wire goes to a Fusible Link which goes to the Underhood Fuse Block to a Constant Hot, IGN & Starter Relay Correct?

Then the 12gauge Yellow Wire goes to the Underhood Fuse Block to the small Starter fuse right?

The 12gauge Pink Wire also goes to the Underhood Fuse Block to the small IGN Fuse, Correct?

What about the 12gauge Tan Wire, where does it go?

And I also need to know where the small Orange Wire goes that comes from the IGN Plug.

TURN SIGNAL SWITCH

What are the Connectores on the Right Side of the Steering Column and the Bottom of the Steering Column? 1 is for the Blinkers right? What about the other 1?

I'm also wanting to get the Turn Signal Wires connected but I'm not certain where the go. 12gauge Yellow, 12gauge Lt Green, Smaller Lt Ggreen Wire and a 12gauge Tan Wire.

STARTER

There is a Purple/White Wire and a Green Wire that come to a Plug but I don't know what that plug goes into.
The Purple/White Wire come from the Small Starter Fuse and the Green Wire comes from the Starter Relay.

Also on the Starter Relay, the Purple goes to the Starter Correct? What about the Yellow/Blk Wire, is it a Ground?
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump, any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Launching!

I'm in process of wiring my car as well and I'm in for some info...hopefully someone willing to actually help will chime in.

Last edited by Outlaw666; 01-06-2014 at 10:28 AM.