Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Fuel Rail Plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 12:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Edelbrock Fuel Rail Plumbing

What's the best way to plumb the Edelbrock fuel rails?
Connect the backs together and run the supply to the front.
Connect the fronts together and run the supply to the back.
Or use a TEE and connect the 2 rails and supply together.
Or what.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just connected the back to with a 8an and ran the fuel connect on the front driver fuel rail and pluged the other side. Im runing a nitrous motor though and stock fuel lines
Old 03-12-2012, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Connect the fronts together and run a Y to feed the rears.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03supercobra
Connect the fronts together and run a Y to feed the rears.
I like that ideal. Could maybe run 6an line, with this set-up.

Why is everyone running 8an line on these fuel rails, when the stock line from the tank is only 3/8".

When Shawn dyno my motor, he used 8an fittings, which are still on my fuel rails. He feed the backs and capped off the fronts.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check out the room you have in the back, I think one side of the firewall has more room. Or I should say the staggered heads add to that. But I would set it up for some room, to work on the car tilting the motor, and jacking it up and not have to worry about that. Super fast trans pulls, or getting the pan off ect in the pits and snapping the fitting or bending the rail foreword would suck. Like tap the rails more so the fitting is as shallow as you can, or even cut the rail down. I've seen some that looked like they have a lot of un needed lenght past the last injector. Keep the line with a nice loop out of the way to, some cars Ive worked on were retarded, Line in the way of getting the header out, or even just to get coild, and the valve cover out. Setting valves, and doing spring work around the feed line sucks. With the line tight with the fittings pointing strait between the rail and the end of the stock line inside the frame rail. Put a 90* or 45 off it to work with. I'd set it up with a rear loop, to get the head off fast with the intake off but you just swing it over and leave it on the driver fender still hooked up, or with a Pin on hood set it up on the cowl/windsheild. That is a nice setup for wrenching. I hate working on cars with stupid fuel rail, and N20 setups. grrrrr

Last edited by studderin; 03-16-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RENE'S RAGE
I like that ideal. Could maybe run 6an line, with this set-up.

Why is everyone running 8an line on these fuel rails, when the stock line from the tank is only 3/8".

When Shawn dyno my motor, he used 8an fittings, which are still on my fuel rails. He feed the backs and capped off the fronts.
Part of the idea of a replacement/ aftermarket part is to be supperior in some way, comapared to the original. Moving the fitting size to a dash 8 or greater gives you a larger bore through your rail with less restriction. I dont really know your motor set up..... but if your engine was dynoed with - 8 I would be running -8. Ideally you should replace your supply line to a -8. I would disagree with with capping the fronts and feeding the rears on a road car. Where are you returning your fuel from??
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 PM
9 Second Club

I'm going to use 8an, but just saying the main line is a 3/8" and the fuel rails are also 3/8"
Cowl has been cut out 2" behind windshield, so I think I have room to connect the backs together and run the supply to the driver's front. And may put a pressure gauge on the pass front, that way I can tell if it's getting proper psi all the way around. My car has always had 61 psi. I think that 58 psi is the norm on these cars.
No return line. There's a tee in the back by the fuel tank that the supply is fed from and I'm guessing that the other line that's going back to the tank is the return.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump this to the top.
Im in the process of this now. Seems there are many opinions.

My plan is to run the main feed to a Y and to both rails at the rear. Then loop the front rails with a regulator and gauge on one of them. With the return going to the bottom of the regulator back to the tank. Like the pic below is there anything wrong with this????
Old 04-13-2012, 04:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^That's the way I have mine. It's perfectly fine.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Standard cross over in the back, feed line goes directly to the factory fuel line. The rest you can see. It runs perfect.

Sorry its so dirty, its getting paint right now. White dust everywhere.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by armyboyatc

Standard cross over in the back, feed line goes directly to the factory fuel line. The rest you can see. It runs perfect.

Sorry its so dirty, its getting paint right now. White dust everywhere.
Cool, what kind of throttle cable and bracket are you running?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Fuel Rail Plumbing