Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

60ft time

Old 04-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60ft time

I know there has probably been a thread already but i couldn't find it. what are some tips to getting my 60ft time lower
Old 04-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to post a average time slip.
Launch Technique
Burnout Technique

BUT even before all that I will say this upfront is that with the average race weight of these cars and the LOPO first gear in the T-56 (2.66) you need to leave hard at a high RPM, which would then mean you need to put in a bias ply slick, good driveshaft, and spend money on a 12bolt/9 inch rear and leave like a man! **Also to note if your not going to add Nitrous, a more optimal rear gear for a 12 bolt is in the 4.30-4.55 range AND/OR Swap in a M12 (Pontiac GTO M6 trans)

Some have gotten away with using a 2 step to help with the launch but in the end you need to leave strong. For me I will be adding one to my car and the main point is to help with consistancy but the suspension/tire setup will do the talking.

Also to mention overall race weight and weight transfer will factor and those heavy rims are not helping you.

Just some pointers, there is tons more of info and help out there and other will post bout this but this should get you started. Also do a search in this forum as there are plenty of post about this.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would also record your take offs. i was using koni's up front cuz it came with the car and recorded a few take offs and i saw the weight transfer getting all screwed up so i swapped them out for stock one and lowered my time by more than a tenth.

Search this Thread