Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit Drag Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Summit Drag Shocks

I have been looking around and like some here I am on an extremely tight budget with a casual race car.. I only do it for fun, not for money but I am at the track one weekend a month every month and drive the car on the street probably once a month as well.. Its a garage queen lol.. Anyway, I have been running a series called the East Coast Fastest Street Car Shootout and my class is called Real Street. It's 1/8th mile and most classes are broke up by saftey equipment.. Real Street is meant for cars with actual street tires (treadwear 260 or better) and no roll bar so we are capped at running 7.50.. My car runs consistant 7.7X's on motor and I have ran a best of 7.43 on N2O but of course I was spinning FOREVER.. I just use the giggle juice if I need an edge to get around someone at the events.. On Hoosier drag radials its a different story Back on subject, the rear shocks on my car are literally completely gone, I do not kid you on this... GONE.. I just ordered a set of Summit Racing Drag shocks for the rear and plan to hit the track soon and report back with new numbers.. Currently my street tires have usually got me high 1.7 60" and my Hoosier DR's get me mid 1.6's... I usually run my street tires at 18-19 lbs and my Hoosiers at 14-15 lbs.. I will set the shocks to 50/50 and see what happens..

Anyone have these shocks feel freet to post up results, and anyone with helpful suggestions such as a different setting to try please let me know..
On T&T days I run my Hoosiers and at the Shootout's I run my Hankook's.. From what I have read I should be hitting them about the same way and only need to change my settings if I get an actual slick Any help is good help
Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run summit brand drag shocks on my gbody car. 50/50s rear and 90/10s front. They work good and have went 1.56 .60 with them on drag radial.

Quick Reply: Summit Drag Shocks