Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proper way to adjust DA QA1's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Proper way to adjust DA QA1's?

I just bought a set of used double adjustable qa1's and 300# springs for the front of my car. I dont have any instructions on making adjustments. I dont know what setting they are at currently, so where do I start from to make my adjustments?
The shocks have 24 diff settings for both compression and rebound. I am guessing that I turn the *** to full loose and count the clicks up from there, but will the *** stop at full loose? I have heard of people turning the adjustment **** too far and ruining the shocks.

Also what compression and rebound would you start with? I have read that most people like to run the single adjustables at around 2 up front for drag racing, so would that mean I should go to about 4 clicks from full loose on rebound for my DA's? What about compression?

The car goes 1.38-1.39 60' times on stock shocks/ springs so hopefully this will get me deeper into the 1.3's maybe even high 1.2's.

If it matters, here is my basic combo: 2000 Camaro z28, 413ci LS2, th400 w/ tbrake, yank3600, 200 shot N20, 28x11.5 ET drag, 3200lbs.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM
9 Second Club

Any video of the car launching?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Default Qa1 da

You are right. I have these on my car and you should turn the adjusters counter clockwise (Full loose) as far as they will go. They will stop when they are at full loose so you dont need to wory about backing them out too far and ruining the shocks. Mine have about 30 clicks of adjustment but I have never gone above 18 clicks. I have heard that the dampening prety much maxes out before you ever get to the 24th click but I cant say that for sure. I am still tuning on mine so we are in the same boat. good luck.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I should say all these adjustments I am telling you to make, start at full loose(all the way counter clockwise, and then turn clockwise the number of clicks for example 14 from full loose would start at full loose and turn clockwise 14 clicks.)

I would try 14-16 from full loose on the rear compression to start(along with between 12-16psi in your 28's) and 10-12 from full loose on rebound in rear.

Front I would have the compression at least 20 from full loose if not full tight to keep the nose up and transferring weight, and your going to have to play with the front rebound and rear rebound the most, but I'd try 8-10 from full loose to start with on the fronts. If it isn't transferring weight fast enough loosen the front rebound, if it tops out too fast tighten it.

These are just baseline settings. You will have to play with it some, but I think these should work well for you based on another 3300lb n20 stock cube combo on 28's I've talked to with his settings that works well.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I almost feel like, if you not dragging the bumper, the rebound should be pretty much on the loose side!

but, with the nitrous, I would start with about 10 clicks from loose on the rebound and work your way towards looser, unless the car wants to pull the wheels to much then go a little tighter.

My car leaves pretty soft now with the glide, hope I can poor the power to it sooner. Your turbo 400 setup might like to be on the tighter side, remember wheelies are cool but dont win races.

12-14 lbs in the tires. need to watch carefully how the pattern looks on the slicks and raise or lower from there

Quick Reply: Proper way to adjust DA QA1's?