Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone help me please

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone help me please

So i have been working on my weight reduction for my car this week. I removed all the interior, dash included, all the heat and a/c, and all the radio components including harness. I started removing the harness for the heat and air, and i plan to remove the bcm and just run power to the power windows.

The problem i am having is that i was going to try and start the car and make sure everything was still working properly, and of course its not. With the bcm plugged in the horn starts honking very rapidly but quitly, and the lights blink. I unplugged the bcm and grounded the started activation wire like everyone says, and the engine will still not stay running. It will fire and die. It is getting fuel i know for sure. What could be the problem??
Old 07-10-2012, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ccd_1606
So i have been working on my weight reduction for my car this week. I removed all the interior, dash included, all the heat and a/c, and all the radio components including harness. I started removing the harness for the heat and air, and i plan to remove the bcm and just run power to the power windows.

The problem i am having is that i was going to try and start the car and make sure everything was still working properly, and of course its not. With the bcm plugged in the horn starts honking very rapidly but quitly, and the lights blink. I unplugged the bcm and grounded the started activation wire like everyone says, and the engine will still not stay running. It will fire and die. It is getting fuel i know for sure. What could be the problem??
I think the PCM needs to have the VATS turned off via programming.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

I read that somewhere, but hp tuners will not link to the computer for some reason. The OBDII port is getting power and a scan tool will connect but i cant get hp tuners to connect for the life of me, it either says cant find vcm or make sure the key is in the on position.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ccd_1606
I read that somewhere, but hp tuners will not link to the computer for some reason. The OBDII port is getting power and a scan tool will connect but i cant get hp tuners to connect for the life of me, it either says cant find vcm or make sure the key is in the on position.
Make sure you have the current drivers installed for your HPTuners cable. I had some issues connecting and reinstalling the drivers on my computer solved the issue.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Ok thanks for the help, ill try that tomorrow morning, I'm new to using hp tuners, a shop tuned the car for me with my friends copy of hp tuners so we would be able to access it and pull timing, and this is the first time I've actually had to connect it.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Turbostangjon is correct on both parts def vats is keeping the car from running and you probley have to update the drivers. Id start hptuners then hook ur cable up to the obd2 plug and then cycle the key on. I know on my netbook i had a tricky situation with the drivers but was easily figured out after lookin at the hp tuners help section and forum it was awhile ago so i forget exactly what idid but hope that helps