Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Malibu control arm braces?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Malibu control arm braces?

I'm doing a frame of turbo build its a 78 Malibu and my question is has anyone had any problem with the control arms tearing the boxes, car will have. 10 or 12 point cage and new control arms, springs etc. I have found that TNT.com has control arm braces for upper&lower but not sure if there really needed if you feel this is in the wrong section please move thanks.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 78buturbo
I'm doing a frame of turbo build its a 78 Malibu and my question is has anyone had any problem with the control arms tearing the boxes, car will have. 10 or 12 point cage and new control arms, springs etc. I have found that TNT.com has control arm braces for upper&lower but not sure if there really needed if you feel this is in the wrong section please move thanks.
They are needed and it's one of the first things that gets hurt chassis wise on a G-body. I don't know about your power level but the lowers are more important than the uppers. I have seen unbraced uppers last a long time until it started going 1.18's then it cracked/moved the upper. Here's a pic I took of some lowers braced:

Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks for posting the pic and the helpfully advice I'm not sure what the hp will be yet it going to be a stock motor with some mods but will be keeping boost low until I can tune with out blowing it up once again thanks for pic awsome
Old 08-02-2012, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for posting the pic and the helpfully advice I'm not sure what the hp will be yet it going to be a stock motor with some mods but will be keeping boost low until I can tune with out blowing it up once again thanks for pic awsome
Here's how we did the uppers on the same car in the pic.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Wow that must be a 8.5 cert.? Evan though I won't be going 8s that pic Is still good for ideas, thank you.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Wow that must be a 8.5 cert.? Evan though I won't be going 8s that pic Is still good for ideas, thank you.
It's a 25.2 cert. Sorry the only pics I had were of it all together. If you just run those bars alone it should be more than enough at your power level.

Quick Reply: Malibu control arm braces?