Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anything wrong with driving thru traps on rev-limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything wrong with driving thru traps on rev-limiter?

I need some taller gears, but I won't get to it till after the first frost this winter. In the meantime, I have two choices for finishing the last 100' of the 1/8-mile: either shift to 4th gear for a second or two, or ride the rev-limiter thru the traps. I've been shifting and I think I'm actually losing time by doing it because the rpms fall off too much for good power. Will I hurt anything (on my motor) by just staying in 3rd gear and stuttering thru the traps on the rev limiter?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS2-240z
I need some taller gears, but I won't get to it till after the first frost this winter. In the meantime, I have two choices for finishing the last 100' of the 1/8-mile: either shift to 4th gear for a second or two, or ride the rev-limiter thru the traps. I've been shifting and I think I'm actually losing time by doing it because the rpms fall off too much for good power. Will I hurt anything (on my motor) by just staying in 3rd gear and stuttering thru the traps on the rev limiter?
probably depends on if your close enough to just get a skip or 2 or if its all over the limiter for 200 feet.

would bumping shift rpm slightly get it done ??
Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raise the rev limiter

Quick Reply: Anything wrong with driving thru traps on rev-limiter?