Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time at the track!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time at the track!

Well i went to the track for the first time in my life with my SS. Car has a lid, and came with SLP D/D catback. It was a learning experience to say the least. I thought i would do better but i didn't. At first i was disappointed but then i came down to earth and told myself that it was my first time ever to try and launch a M6 vehicle. My first pass i did pretty shitty, missed 4th gear, (huh?). I know , couldn't believe i did that, i ran a 14.2 at like 99 mph. Second pass, left the traction control on and ran a 13.7 at 101mph. Ran like 4 more times after that and never got past the 13.7 mark. I think i ran 13.7 like 3 out of 5 times. My last run i went 13.7 at 103.97 mph. At least i ended on my best run. 60' was like 2.2. It is very hard to find the fine line between spinning your *** off and just babying it off the line. I couldn't find that line. I am on street tires so maybe that is why. Time to do some mods and buy some Nittos i guess, or just go back and keep practicing.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WTB-a-Hawk
Time to do some mods and buy some Nittos i guess, or just go back and keep practicing.
Do both
Old 04-06-2004, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no point in putting lots of mods on the car if you have trouble launching. Fine tune your shifting before spending lots of $$. I'm sure some drag radials or ET Streets wouldn't hurt!