Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012 | 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Default Need Some Wiring Help

I'm in the middle of removing a bunch of wiring out of the interior of my '95 Camaro right now. I ran into a couple of issues though.

First after I removed all of the airbag harness I was left with just one wire on the "crank" fuse, the heavy off white wire is still there (I think its for the neutral safety switch). The purple wire that was in the airbag harness went to the other side of the fuse. Can I simple put a hot wire in place of the purple wire and fix that? Or what has to be done. I didn't know that the airbag harness tied into the "crank" fuse.

Second question is what is the 2 wire plug under the center console that has a tan wire & a green/white wire? My car used to be an auto and I think its for the shifter release (press the brake to move the shifter), but I can not remember and I can't find where it shows anything on my schematics.

Any help is appreciated guys, I just hope I didn't get too carried away and remove some stuff that has to stay in there
Old 12-24-2012 | 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

The tan/wht grn/wht is for the shift interlock like you said....

And it look's to me that the "off white wire is acutally yellow? if it's coming off the crank fuse, the purple goes to the "srs" crap, and the yellow goes back to the ignition switch

Last edited by IllusionalTA; 12-24-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2012 | 03:15 AM
TECH Addict

So can I pull the yellow wire out and cut it off where it branches off? Looks like its getting the power then going through the fuse and powering the SRS junk. Am I right here? I hope so, I'll feel a lot better about that haha

Thanks bud, I really appreciate it
Old 12-25-2012 | 04:07 AM
10 Second Club

Yep.. As long as your sure you got the right wire..
Old 12-25-2012 | 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
Yep.. As long as your sure you got the right wire..
Yes I'm sure, thanks again for your help

Quick Reply: Need Some Wiring Help