Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out here, something doesn't add up

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out here, something doesn't add up

Best times was 2.3 '60 foot, 13.4 @ 107 MPH for the 1/4 mile on street tires. Everyone I talked to had something to recommend. So I went with this:

1) BMR Adjustable LCA's
2) BMR Torque Arm
3) BMR Sway Bar
4) Nitto 555DR's mounted on Bogarts!!!
5) Tuned A/F to between 12.4 at the start of WOT to 11.8 at the top of WOT.

Took it out again, wheel hop so bad on 30psi Nittos's launching at 2.5K that I couldn't reach TP 100% before it wanted to shift to 2nd. So 1st gear was shot, then woke up thru 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

So after this pile of money and stuff I'm DOING EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

Car is a 2002 T/A with 224/224 112LSA, FLP longtubes, boltons raceweight with me in it of 3750lbs give or take a few. ZERO detonation or other engine problems. It's also been lowered 1" with the Eibach Pro Kit.

Can someone who knows what he/she's doing help me out here??
Old 04-17-2004, 06:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

30psi Nittos's ...... thats part of your problem.. why do you have so much air pressure in your tires?? drop them down to about 18 cold and do a good burn out. Try and stay out of the water box and count to about 20 that should do it and try your launch again. You should be able to cut some 1.9 60' s.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What front shocks are you running?
Old 04-17-2004, 08:14 AM
Staging Lane

Running stocker 3.42's, stocker shocks both front and back, and swaybar is still installed.

1) Take off front swaybar?

2) Would I benefit from a taller gear? Right now have 3.42's, what would 4.10's do to help?

3) Is the Eibach springs hurting me? I don't feel much weight shift from front to back like I used to with the stockers (the nose doesn't come up and the rear doesn't dig down like it used to).

Man, I can feel the power in it, just can get thet damn thing to go out of the hole properly.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:22 AM
xxx
Launching!

Talking hjkjkhjhggjh

Originally Posted by newbie_tace02

Can someone who knows what he/she's doing help me out here??
Call this number 281.290.8899 and ask for MADMAN, you'll be hookin and breakin **** in no time....
Old 04-17-2004, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

Get hal shocks front and back with hal front drag springs. Lowered the air pressure on the nitto's from 14 to 20. Adjust air pressure in increments of 1 or 2. Set torque arm pinion at -2 or -3. ET streets or equal would be better for the track. You have to experiment for combination of all factors, air pressure, hal shock settings, RPM launch, and long burnout on nitto's, then get to staging lane ASAP. If possible, let other car get to the line first, then you with nitto's because tires will still be sticky, heated, and ready to go. Also, I like to get to track early and let the car cool down and then run late in the evening, for some reason, my times are always seem best in the night air. I don't understand all the weather dynamics, but some of these tips work.

As a starting point for the front hals, start with 2 or 3 on front, and 4 on PR and 5 on PD side.

Don't get frustrated, it took me awhile to bring it all together and several trips out to the track. Each mod or change to car will adjust the launch technique.

Is you car a auto or 6 spd?

Take as much weight out of car as possible including amount of gas. Read for weight reductions such as spare tire and jack, floor mats, removal of front sway bar (mine has been out for 3 years), etc. I hope some of these suggestions help you out, if I may be of further service, email me. I have an auto and don't have any experience with 6 spd.

Cheers and happy tracking.......................
Old 04-17-2004, 10:14 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xxx
Call this number 281.290.8899 and ask for MADMAN, you'll be hookin and breakin **** in no time....
Now your talkin!

Take the front sway bar off. Get ya some hal shocks 2 in the front 4 in the back. Drop you tire psi to 14 and go from there.

Good luck to ya.

Coach
Old 04-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
Now your talkin!

Take the front sway bar off. Get ya some hal shocks 2 in the front 4 in the back. Drop you tire psi to 14 and go from there.

Good luck to ya.

Coach
Thanks Coach, will try that. Just checked Thunder's site, they carry the:

1) HAL Generation "F" Series Front Adjustable Shock and back

or the

2) HAL Stocker Star "R" Series Drag Race Front Adjustable with HAL Generation "F" on the back (there seem to be NO Star "R" type for the rear...)

Which?