Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some wiring/plug pinout help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Need some wiring/plug pinout help

Iv posted this in the wiring section but not too much traffic over there so I figure ill try here for more of a race car wiring...

Long story short I'm race wiring my car and need to know what wires are what I certain plugs. I'll ask specifics when I need them so I don't clutter thread with random stuff.

First thing I'm doing is getting power to starter. I got main power ran to dist. block then power wire ran to starter. Now the part I get lost. As of now my car has 0 wires in it, I do however still have the wires in my column for the column electronics, all I did was unplug harness from it. My plan is to find that plug, cut it off harness and plug it back in and just have a pigtail hanging from it. With that being said what wires are going to be for the ignition so I can use the stock ignition to start it? Car is a 1994 z28. Thanks

Trying to make sence of this and can't figure it out. Here's the plugs I got that I need info on. These 2 are under the dash on the column. All I need to know is what is the ignition wires and turn signal wires..

This is the headlight switch. Just need to figure out what wires to turn on low beams, that's it..

These 2 are the brake pedal switches. What ones do what and all I need from these is just a signal wire to run brake lights...

Old 03-13-2013, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the brake switches. Check which one is normally open unless depressed (I'm pretty sure it's the black one) THAT is the brake light switch. The other one is the cruise inhibit switch whih is normally closed unless depressed.
I'll look at mine tomorrow morning before work, but the switch that is open when not depressed, is the one you need to keep.

Quick Reply: Need some wiring/plug pinout help