Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alternative ground locations for fbody / battery relocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default alternative ground locations for fbody / battery relocation

I purchased a Tick Performance battery relocation kit for my 02 Camaro because my turbo is placed where the battery was. The directions were very easy to follow and I'm happy with the kit, but due to the location of my turbo plumbing on the passenger side, I can not make the included ground cable work on that side because it's too short to route around the plumbing.

The location on the block I tried to bolt the ground to is just above the starter. The place Tick Performance's instructions said to bolt the other end to is the swaybar mount but it crosses the path of the turbo plumbing.

I figure I have two options - use some of the leftover wire I'll trim off from the "power" side to make a longer ground than included in the kit (would probably need 2.5' ground of 1 gauge wire to go around my turbo plumbing) or possibly have both ground wires on the driver's side of the block. I'm not electrical savvy so I don't know if there's a legitimate reason for having a passenger and driver ground on the block but I'm going to have a hard time doing a passenger ground without a 2.5-3 wire.

Thoughts?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to use a longer leftover scrap of the 1 gauge line to connect the passenger side to the frame of the car in a way that works with the turbo plumbing so all is well.

Quick Reply: alternative ground locations for fbody / battery relocation