Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switch panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Switch panel

Last year I had the ignition wire in the colum break. Had it repaired and went back to racing. I go to start my car after moving it around the yard today. The damn sercurity light comes on and it won't start. I run a push start button, now the fuel pump wont prime, but I can get the motor to turn over with the push start. Before I ran the push start button, when I turned the key, the fuel pump would kick on. Now with the push start, nothing.

My question, has anyone just gone to a full switch panel?

I'd like to just put a switch panel in the car to run the ignition, fuel, and starting. I tired a search but I keep getting window switches.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Try racewiresolutions.com
Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whether you get a swithch panel or continue to use the current push button you will need to have the VATS disabled in the tune for the car to run. Have this done and ground the wire that runs from the BCM to the fuel pump relay so the pump will come on.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Ok, so VATS has to be shut off in the tune. I have the car at the auto electric shop now. The guy at the auto shop said he might be able to remove the VATS system. He would have to look at the system first to see what he can do to stop the problem.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed vats from the computer with HPtuners,but I still had the problem with the light from time to time. The light would come on and the only way to start it was to put a hot to the starter trigger. I just got done completely removing the vats system. To do that you definitely need to delete vats from the computer with a tuner.

I wanted to remove mine because it is a race car and the last thing I need is to be in the finals and have the vats system keep me from racing.

The guy at the autoshop is probably talking about bypassing it which is different from deleting in the computer or completely removing it. Unless he does have a tuner program to remove it.

Quick Reply: Switch panel