Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone Help Me With This Suspension!

Old 04-25-2004, 02:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone Help Me With This Suspension!

Previously with the pinion angle set(the tq arm was pulled of another car and never set up till now) at +7 the car went a 1.43 60 with a stock rear sway bar...
Added a wolfe bar with no other change and the car slowed to a 1.48..I know for sure the bar is set up right so thats not a problem.
Leaving off the TB at 4800 on motor the car spins to a 1.75 60 but on the nitrous leaving at 4000 it will somewhat hook/spinn to a 1.48-1.50

The info on the car is..01 T/a Stock internal (nitrous) th400 12 bolt 3:55 weighs in at 3420 w driver.Makes 440hp and 630tq at the wheels on nitrous.10 inch wheel out back with a 28x10 slick.Relocation brackets are on the bottom hole has BMR square non adj control arms and subframes.Bmr tubular K and a arms hals all the way around and pro kit springs up front(will be changing them to hal springs today) stock springs out back.What will lowering the back of the car 1 inch affect?

Changed the angle to -2.5 and car WILLNOT go better then a Spinning 1.51 60.But the angle at which the front of the pinion is at -9.5 cause the ds is at +7.

Im thinking about spacing the tranny down with a 1/4 inch plate to try and take the + out the ds and be able to bring the front of the pinion up some..also going to try to move the tq arm up two holes(about 1.25 inches).maybe its hitting the tires too hard and wrapping up the rear suspension now?Before the rear was at +3 and the ds was at +10.
It has a Yank crossmember with the BMR tq arm in the lowest point to try and bring the pinion of the rear up some.
No matter where the front or rear Hals are set the car dont react to it.

I dont want to make too many changes at one time and be in a worse place then i am now..

Can anyone help me set this car up??
I only have about 4 weeks of good DA here left to try and make the car hook and run in the 10.3's still stock internal.

I would really like to talk to MadMan about this but i dont currently have any of his suspension parts on the car so i dont know if he would help any.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:51 AM
FormerVendor

For starters: What size tire and brand are they? How old are the tires and approzimatly how many runs do you have on them? What exactly is the car doing during the launch?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can call me I will try to help. Dan has a good question about your tires. Also what brand T/A arm do you have and what is you instant center????

225-343-9029
Old 04-25-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

just put on the TISMTL custom ram air we designed
Old 04-25-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dan / Wolfe Race Craft
For starters: What size tire and brand are they? How old are the tires and approzimatly how many runs do you have on them? What exactly is the car doing during the launch?
It is a Hoosier D05 28 10 15 on a weld 10 inch wheel.
They have about 30 passes and about 2 months old they are stored in a/c off the ground.Have tubes in them also.Wheels are screwed on both sides.
Pressure has been run from 11 to 13.5 trying to get the car to hook.
Most of the time they are set and left at 12 to 12.5 cold,warm they rise to 13.

I was thinking its time to change tires...is that what you are getting at Dan?
Off the line...well....ill watch the car closely tonight and get back with you about that.

How much would a lower control arm help me? Its has a BMR with poly ends...would a double adjustable rod ended help much?The tire is centered in the wheelwell where it needs to be.

It is a BMR Tq arm that mounts to the Yank Tranny crossmember not the tail shaft.Its the stock replacement type.

Ill have to check the instant and get back with you...after I figure out how to check it. its been a while since ive done that.Wanna help me out on that?
Im heading to the track in about an hour.

Thanks for the help guys....Dan I may bring the car to you if I cant get it right this week.You booked up this next week?

Last edited by Sam88Gta1; 04-25-2004 at 04:31 PM.

Search this Thread