Sponsored by:

M6 QA1 settings..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 QA1 settings..

Hey Guys,

I finally got some rubber under my car and plan to hit the track in two weeks. With the pathetic drag radials before and constant launch experimentation, the car did the best with the front shocks set 1 up from full loose, and the rears set 1 down from full stiff. There's 12way QA1s on all four corners, QA1 springs in front, and stockers in the rear.
I surgically installed 28x12.5x15 MT ET Street Bias Plys and based on how it's driving, I'm confident they'll hook decent. I also just removed the front sway bar (which I shouldve done last year).
I'm just looking for input as to the shock settings. Are they going to have to get a touch softer in the rear going from radials to bias plys or should I just start out with where I left off? FWIW, I launch the car between 5200-5800rpm depending on how the track is.
Thanks for any help or opinions.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:54 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put the rear shocks in the middle. Setting 6 to start. You're probably going to want to tighten up the front depending on how the car launches and if it wants to try and stand on the bumper. Usually I look for the tires to be an inch or two off the ground and carry for a little bit. Just be forewarned that the front is most likely going to reach for the sky if you're side stepping the clutch. Depending on the track conditions, I'd start at 12psi in the slicks and see how she hooks.

GL and let us know how it works
Old 05-27-2013, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Im launching my M6 at 5900. I run 12- 12.5 PSI in my ET Drags and the car Loves 3-4 clicks up from full loose. Had 3 way adjustables in rear but, car likes the stock over 3 way outback. Consistent low 1.5 60' times with best of 1.48.
If I go full loose or even 1 click, the car seems to unload the rear tires as the nose comes back down. 2 gives some nice pictures but, 60' isn't consistent for me.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:52 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have double adjustable fronts, keep the compression set as firm as it will go. That helps unloading when it comes down. Single adjustable fronts are a bad deal for drag racing. Their R series fronts are OK. I could never get compression set firm enough to stop the front from bouncing on landings. Sent them off to be re-valved once, very little improvement. Bought a set of AFCO fronts after listening their B.S. story about their new BNC valving to stop the bouncing. No better than QA1, just harder to reach the adjustment for extension. Sent them off to be re-valved. Very little improvement.
If you can afford it, call Santuff in San Antonio, TX. Cured all my ills. QA1s worked as well as anything but the Santuffs. Everybody I talked to before and after buying them loves them. If you can afford them you won't be sorry.

Rear shocks, usually in the middle. My Santuff fronts like compression six clicks from full stiff compression, extention is 1 1/2 turn from full tight. One pass at Ennis I had them one turn from full tight, went 1.27 60', front tires never left the ground. I would never run them that tight on a hot track. Doubt it would hook.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 05-27-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the input fellas.

Quick Reply: M6 QA1 settings..