Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what type of trailer do you have

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what type of trailer do you have

I have a 2000 Camaro and I am Looking for a trailer. What do you guys recommend and what are you guys using? What are you using to be able to open the doors when on the trailer.

I will be pulling with a 2007 Chevy 1500 5.3 extended cab 4x4. It does have the towing package.

thanks
Old 06-22-2013, 11:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have a 36' GN enclosed trailer for my track car, I have to leave the driver's t-top out to crawl out the top but before I had this one a 16' flat with a 2' dovetail big tex bumper pull, it had removable fenders so I just removed them to open the doors, I replaced the nuts that came with it with wingnuts for easy removal
Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

I have a bigtex diamondback 18ft dove tail my car is stock ride height and I can open the doors with out a problem

best to check how far the bottom of your door is with you in the car from the ground then check the fenders on what ever trailer your looking to buy, a dovetail is a must with camaro's if you get a flat deck putting the car off and on is a pain you'll have to raise the front of the trailer (A LOT) every time you use it and need extra long ramps (thats means they'll be heavy)

tip: you should get a trailer that store the ramps in the back if you go with an open trailer, trailers that you have to carry the ramps in the truck or strap to the trailer are a pain.......brakes on both axles is worth it too its a lot better then just the one brake axle

http://www.bigtextrailers.com/pdf/70dm.pdf

Last edited by stroker87; 06-22-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

If you go flat bed, make sure it's a dove tail and sits nice an low. Probably the most important thing I've noticed hauling mine around. And a tilt-down or removable left fender is nice too.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 130 Likes on 117 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Kaufman in NC is where I bought mine....Great people to deal with.

http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/?page_id=685
Old 06-24-2013, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by musicman
If you go flat bed, make sure it's a dove tail and sits nice an low. Probably the most important thing I've noticed hauling mine around. And a tilt-down or removable left fender is nice too.
the removable or tilt fenders are nice when there new after a while they dont work all that good cause they get beat, bent & rust loose screws that hold them become a PITA......
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My old open trailer was a better built trailer. nice trailer doors opened over the fender.

A buddy of mine has a Dively Econo trailer and the doors open over the fenders on his trailer also. Plus they are in PA so that might help being closer

http://www.econotrailer.com/Open.html

Quick Reply: what type of trailer do you have