Pics of Madman torque arm?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 07:49 AM
xxx
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yh

Originally Posted by Evo98z
I agree WTF is up with all the secrecy. I have been wondering about the Madman TA. I hear they are badass, and that is pretty much it.
It's not if you buy one. You can get one of the Star Wars editions for slightly under a grand.. and they are worth every penny. Since we put it on the silver car, we've been trying to tone down how hard it's hooking. Something thought we'd never fight on Drag Radials. Brady is right, it's what the fast cars will be running. We talked to Brian way before putting the 540 in the silver car and he built us one. It's made out of some heavy duty ****.... Now pick up the phone and call that crazy bastard, buy you a T/A and tell him I said to kiss my azz pipe.

Shannon
Old 05-03-2004, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

I have been thinking about getting one, but the price is kinda steep for me right now. I'll have to work on a few other things first, but everyone seems be running real good with the Madman TA. So I am guessing that the Madman TA is a lot different then the TA that they have on their site??
Old 05-03-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here today: Dammit, these folks spent almost 1k on their t/a, and they don't have to share if they don't want to! So there! Now I'm taking my ball and going home.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:56 AM
10 Second Club

so with just this new TA your car will automatically hook? Is this some revolutionary design or something?
Is anyone else buying this?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:58 AM
I ruin the end of films...

It's all about changing the geometry of the suspension and improving the instant center on the car. If Brian wants to spill the beans about his stuff, then he can do it. A shorter torque arm will hook these cars better up to a certain point. .

Also, the guys running Brian's TA, aren't JUST running his TA. As badass as his torque arm is, it's not a magical bullet that will knock a half second off your short times ALONE. Don't expect to throw his torque arm on a car with stock front shocks/springs and cut some 1.20 short times. I've done a lot of other work on my suspension, as have 99.9% of the people running his stuff.

Now, if you want some real humor, call Brian up and tell him you want his torque arm, but have a stock 10-bolt.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

Am I the only person that has noticed that this Ultra Secret and stupidly expensive torque arm in just a ladder bar? I am not belittling anyone's product but for around 300 bucks you can get everything you need to make one of these. And to top it off if you buy a set of ladder bars you will have a spare just incase you brake the first one.

Ladder Bars: 200
Crossmember: 55
Flat stock: Under 50 bucks

The only catch is you need some fabrication/welding skills. I am currently working on this exact project in my 99 Z. I might have to eat my words but I am going to give it a shot.

Josh

Last edited by NO CATZZ; 05-05-2004 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-05-2004, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you already have BMR boxed subs the BMR extreme will work fine as well. (Crossmember welds to those areas and the TA is designed to work with those subs)

Plus you can see a pic of the BMR Extreme LOL!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MY STUPIDLY EXPENSIVE Torque arm as it was just put has alot of advantages over every other arm out there. The new arm is 40% stronger and only 3lbs heavier. It has 8 different instant center adjustments(which nobody else has). It has adjusters for pinion angle that will not bind the rear bracket. The whole kit is chromemoly and TIG welded, comes with 60,000 lbs shear strength rod ends in it.

There is nothing wrong with any of the other arms out there. All my arm adds to your car over the others is the adjustability to actually make the car work from track to track. We also are the only Torque Arm manufacturer that actually owns a R&D car to trial and error the arms.

225-343-9029
Old 05-05-2004, 12:00 PM
xxx
Launching!

Default Show me....

Originally Posted by NO CATZZ
Am I the only person that has noticed that this Ultra Secret and stupidly expensive torque arm in just a ladder bar? I am not belittling anyone's product but for around 300 bucks you can get everything you need to make one of these. And to top it off if you buy a set of ladder bars you will have a spare just incase you brake the first one.

Ladder Bars: 200
Crossmember: 55
Flat stock: Under 50 bucks

The only catch is you need some fabrication/welding skills. I am currently working on this exact project in my 99 Z. I might have to eat my words but I am going to give it a shot.

Josh
Well bring your 300 bucks of bad azz suspension and I'll bring my over expensive torque arm set up and lets have a race. You on slicks, hell... I'll stay on Drag Radials... Let's do it at No Problem Raceway in a couple weeks, what cha say?
Old 05-05-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

MADMAN, the strength of your torque arm was never questioned and maybe my harsh words offended you...sorry.

XXX, your web address says it all.

Sheeesh, is everyone on the internet this unstable? I will just keep to myself from now on so that I do not offend anyone.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:28 PM
xxx
Launching!

Default jhjh

Originally Posted by NO CATZZ
MADMAN, the strength of your torque arm was never questioned and maybe my harsh words offended you...sorry.

XXX, your web address says it all.

Sheeesh, is everyone on the internet this unstable? I will just keep to myself from now on so that I do not offend anyone.
aaaawww.... I'm not offended dude, just wanted to see what cha got. If you got more and your using the cheaper setups like you say, I'll stand corrected and drink a beer with ya. On the other hand if you don't, we'll just drink your beer...

Love,
XXX
Old 05-05-2004, 07:57 PM
8 Second Club

I looked at torque arm setups for my car and decided on the MADMAN....ordered it last week in fact. Looks like its the most adjustable setup out there......will be perfect for my 427 ls1 nitrous motor

all it takes is one look at the xxx wheelie video.......on drag radials no less

Quick Reply: Pics of Madman torque arm?