Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear squats to much.

Old 05-02-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear squats to much.

I dont have the money for rear hals yet. What can i do to stop the rear from squating so much. It is realy hearting on my 60's and my R/T.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by goober35
I dont have the money for rear hals yet. What can i do to stop the rear from squating so much. It is realy hearting on my 60's and my R/T.
Control arm relocation brackets will help alot for this if you don't already have them. I have them on my stock height car and the arms are bolted to the lowest hole. They completely changed the geometry of the car. I like-em!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:41 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to suggest the same thing. You could also install air bags as well. Im not 100% sure if you install them on both sides, but if not, definately on the passenger rear. I dont think this affects your R/T, because thats just how fast you react to the light. The shocks helps some, but it doesnt eliminate the squatting. The only other thing that I can suggest is a race rear swaybar, it will even the squatting out, resulting in straighter launches.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackBeaSSt
I dont think this affects your R/T, because thats just how fast you react to the light.
Yes it will effect the reaction time of the car. When you launch the car if it squats, all of the time that it takes to squat down it isn't moving forward and all of the energy that it takes during this time is wasted. Now if you can make it not squat when you launch the car will instantly move forward.

I too am running relos in the bottom hole on a stock height car.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AL SS590 M6
Yes it will effect the reaction time of the car. When you launch the car if it squats, all of the time that it takes to squat down it isn't moving forward and all of the energy that it takes during this time is wasted. Now if you can make it not squat when you launch the car will instantly move forward.

I too am running relos in the bottom hole on a stock height car.
I was cutting high .5 lights all day long on the pro kit. On stock spings i could cut a low .7 run witch is not good for bracket racing. My last run i though i was asleep but the guy next to me did a .5008 light. I could have won if i had a high .5 light.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Airlift Airbags
$60 for two

You can run them up to 30psi.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Airlift Airbags
$60 for two

You can run them up to 30psi.
How much could this help. I would think on a hard launch that they might pop. Or are they just that tuff.

Search this Thread