Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On average how much 60' gained with adj. TA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default On average how much 60' gained with adj. TA?

What brand, pinion angle, and 60'?
Old 05-26-2004, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like you 60' better than I do at this point, so I don't know how much my input will be worth, but here goes.

I have the spohn #405. Very nice piece and the install was not too difficult. The only problem I ran into was having to grind one of the mouting plates to make it fit on the 12-bolt. It is tough to say if my 60' was much better because of the torque arm only because I added rear shocks at the same time.

I went from a 1.74 to a 1.67 at a -1 pinion angle with the front sway bar in. From what I have read many times on this board, I could probably reduce my 60' significatly if the pinion angle was in the -2 to -3 range and the front sway bar was removed.

I destroyed the stock torque arm with 1.8 60' times so this spohn was a priority for me. If the 60' time didn't improve much at least there is the piece of mind. I must add that since the spohn install the car stops a lot quicker and more controlled than with the stock torque arm. I was hard pressed to slow down for the first turn off at Irwindale trapping 84mph. Now with the new torque arm and trapping 88.5 I have room to spare.