Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another hood post...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Another hood post...

This is mainly meant for the drag racers going after weight reduction...

Do you regret going pin on vs. a bolt on hood? I want every last lb. i can get so the pin on speaks to me, but just wondering if you ever regret the tiny hassle it is to remove the hood.

Chris
Old 06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have to say that I curse it every time I go thru fuel check at IHRA National events, but otherwise it's no big deal. I just have to be careful not to step on it!!

Daren
Old 06-03-2004, 02:45 PM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time a pinned on hood really sucks is on a windy day. The hood wants to fly away like a kite. A plus to having a pinned on hood is that there is more room to work on the engine when its off. Not a lot but its noticable.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

In hindsight, I would trade the extra tiny bit of weight savings and go with a bolt-on hood... It can be a pain lifting the hood off of the car all the time.

Mine hasn't been a problem in the last 12 months though, since it's been sitting in storage.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys...

George I keep waiting to hear an update on your car. I thought I read somewhere about other priorities becoming #1, so that's cool. Just would love to see the finished product since you had painted the car(if i remember correctly)
Old 06-04-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, I've painted about half of the car, but something didn't setup correctly with the clearcoat, and it won't harden up like it's supposed to... I'm going to chemically strip the car down and start over, but I've decided to wait until I install the rollcage and narrow the rear end before getting back on the paint work... Then I just need to wire the car and install my temporary motor (that's currently in my '86 Chevy C10 truck), and it will be running again (albeit not nearly as good as it ran previously). The big inch SBC is just going to have to wait for awhile (maybe a few years) as I do need to concentrate on other things...

I think with a cam and intake manifold change, the car should run low 11's with the truck motor in it, and maybe dip into the 9.90's with a 200hp shot of N2O on it so I can make my license passes... I'll post some progress pics/threads in this forum if I ever manage to make any progress...