Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mph improvement?

Old 06-07-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question mph improvement?

OK guys I am getting two cut-outs put in right before my cats and right after my headers. Currently my best MPH is 113. How much MPH improvement do you think I will make? I was just expecting alittle more with this cam, I need long tubes bad but I am gonna see what these cut-outs do for me first.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nobody?
Old 06-08-2004, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think the headers are hurting you enough to change to long tubes but i do think that the make y pipe with the cats really sucks , take the cats off or knock them out ill willing to bet you will pick up some mph then. what other mods do you have done to the car. what was the weather like that day, looking at your 60ft you can use some help there , how were you shifting.

Im not a fan of the cut out to me it sounds like ***,
Old 06-08-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Trying to shift at 6400 but with 4.30 gears the stock tach is really struggling. Well cut-outs will strictly be for track duty so I am not really worried about sound. The weather has been crap lately but there are guys trapping 117 and 118 with same mods just long tubes instead of Mac's. All mods are in sig. I'm in NC so it is pretty humid here.

Search this Thread