Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noob needs help

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob needs help

Can anyone post the link to the sticky or best thread with the most info on getting the most out of my stock 00 z28 a4. so far im thinking of going with long tube headers, slp box with K&N intake filter, and exhaust dumped with some borla pro XS mufflers. I would like to know what other bolt ons i can use that have helped you guys whoop some *** at the strip/street.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Headers are ok to start with but your best bet for improvement per dollar spent is a good stall converter and some drag radials to support it.
I don't think anyone will disagree with me on that point.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dannyz
Headers are ok to start with but your best bet for improvement per dollar spent is a good stall converter and some drag radials to support it.
I don't think anyone will disagree with me on that point.
anyone that has been around here a while would agree with this ^

good stall means quality brand such as yank , circle d ,vigilante etc.. 3600-4000 range is most common.

No one mod other than nitrous will make as profound a difference in how badass the car will be than stall but it will turn into such a tire frying machine at any speed that it can kickdown to 1st gear that the dr's will be necessary to get the full benefit.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by murphinator

good stall means quality brand such as yank , circle d ,vigilante etc.. 3600-4000 range is most common.

No one mod other than nitrous will make as profound a difference in how badass the car will be than stall but it will turn into such a tire frying machine at any speed that it can kickdown to 1st gear that the dr's will be necessary to get the full benefit.
Thanks guys.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by murphinator

So before anything i should get a stall TC and drag radials? What are you guys running if i may ask?
Old 09-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Also what do you guys know about the diablo sport tuners? Came across a trinity t1000. What do i need to make it work on my z?

Quick Reply: noob needs help