Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum lines and catch can advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum lines and catch can advice

When I bought my car it had a catch can set up on it. I have since redone about 80% of the car and set up. Now all I have are little things to finish up on, vacuum lines is one of them.

The car doesn't have any HVAC so that isn't a concern. I have the line for the brake booster hooked up to a fitting on the intake and the map sensor hooked up to a different fitting on the intake. What I have left is the driver's side valve cover (I guess that was a factory PCV location) and the two fittings on the passenger side valve cover.

My question is, where should I be hooking these up to and do I need a catch can at all? The catch can has a PVC in it...
Old 07-05-2017, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,786 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by Major Shart
When I bought my car it had a catch can set up on it. I have since redone about 80% of the car and set up. Now all I have are little things to finish up on, vacuum lines is one of them.

The car doesn't have any HVAC so that isn't a concern. I have the line for the brake booster hooked up to a fitting on the intake and the map sensor hooked up to a different fitting on the intake. What I have left is the driver's side valve cover (I guess that was a factory PCV location) and the two fittings on the passenger side valve cover.

My question is, where should I be hooking these up to and do I need a catch can at all? The catch can has a PVC in it...
If your catch can has a built in PCV then run a 3/8 hose from the driver side valve cover port around the back of the intake manifold to a T. Connect a 3/8 hose from the T to the back port of the passenger side valve cover and another 3/8 hose from the other end of the T to your catch can dirty side in and then run a hose from the clean side of the catch can to the intake port behind the throttle body.

Last step connect a 3/8 inch hose from the front port of the passenger valve cover to the port on your throttle body and your done!
Old 07-06-2017, 06:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
If your catch can has a built in PCV then run a 3/8 hose from the driver side valve cover port around the back of the intake manifold to a T. Connect a 3/8 hose from the T to the back port of the passenger side valve cover and another 3/8 hose from the other end of the T to your catch can dirty side in and then run a hose from the clean side of the catch can to the intake port behind the throttle body.

Last step connect a 3/8 inch hose from the front port of the passenger valve cover to the port on your throttle body and your done!
Ok thanks, that helps.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Look at the Mightymouse site. It has the plumbing for various combos....

Quick Reply: Vacuum lines and catch can advice