Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti fog on windshield at dragstrip?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Anti fog on windshield at dragstrip?

For you guys that have removed all of your hvac, how do you deal with foggy windshields? I want to remove mine but I’m worried about my windshield digging up at the dragstrip.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, technically you're not supposed to run the A/C on a car you're racing because of the water it puts on the track so it's a moot point. The defrost uses the A/C.

I have never had a foggy window at the track, but if it's that humid, I think you should also be worried about dew on the track.

Al
Old 10-15-2018, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

I live in a humid area but I decided to just nut up and pull the whole hvac out. They have anti fog spray if it’s an issue.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have used rain X anti fog stuff you buff onto the inside of the glass. it works okay but its never perfect. I keep a micro fiber towel behind the seat if I race at night and the windows are fogging up. Great lakes dragway is really bad at night, I think the corn field has something to do with the moisture in the air. I've had my guys wipe the glass after my burnout while I'm strapped in then I pull to the line. Its quite annoying.