Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 turbo build

This will be my first car that I build and I am in need of some help. I have a 1999 z28 Camaro with the 5.7l ls1. I want to turbo the car I am going to use a 76mm on 3 turbo kit. I was thinking I am going to put 317 heads on the car and a BTR stage 3 turbo cam kit with the rods lifters and springs. Ls6 intake and 92mm throttle body. 60# injectors. I want to put a turbo 400 trans in with a 3600 stall. I was wondering what else am I going to need to do? Do I need a new oil pump? What do I need to do with the fuel system? Will the stock pistons and rods be ok? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll save u from putting on your flame suit. Bro this exact topic has been covered from start to finish in the conversion section. The forced induction section and the fueling section. Every type of build from stock motor to fully built. From low buck to no budget at all just read. If u don't have time to read through several build threads then trust me u don't have time to do this. You need to address your valve train your cooling your tuning your exhaust whether pre built or custom fabbed. It's all here every detail has been covered. If u can think of it Google it and read it save some pics. To refer back to once u get an idea of where u want to be on the spectrum of daily driver to pro mod track only
Old 11-01-2018, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 649 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Hervy88
This will be my first car that I build and I am in need of some help. I have a 1999 z28 Camaro with the 5.7l ls1. I want to turbo the car I am going to use a 76mm on 3 turbo kit. I was thinking I am going to put 317 heads on the car and a BTR stage 3 turbo cam kit with the rods lifters and springs. Ls6 intake and 92mm throttle body. 60# injectors. I want to put a turbo 400 trans in with a 3600 stall. I was wondering what else am I going to need to do? Do I need a new oil pump? What do I need to do with the fuel system? Will the stock pistons and rods be ok? Any help is greatly appreciated!

You left out your goal for one.
1) that cam is way too big for stock bottom end. Unless your just looking for a rowdy sound. I have the stage two and I may end up going down. Really no need for me to spin the motor to 7000rpm any more.
2) you dont need a bigger throttle body than stock. your piping will be smaller than a stock throttle body so your wasting money and time there. Besides, a 92mm tb wont fit on a ls6 intake that has only a 77ish mm hole.
3) what is rods lifters?
4) why do you need a new oil pump? is yours damaged or wore out?
5) why are you changing heads? thats pointless too unless your doing like ported 243;s or 799's. You'll do just fine with stock heads.
6) fuel system is where you should throw your money if your just wanting to spend money. Do some research on what route you should go with that.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guy joined in October to make this post. . . Most likly a scammer trying to get a post count up. If not they disregard my comment and read Dimeomboost's.