Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Shock question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Drag Shock question...

I went to the track this past weekend, and learned a few things. I had just had a Wolfe Drag bar and BMR LCA relocation backets put on, as well as picking up a set of MT ET Drags (28"), and was anxious to try out the combo. Well, I am not pleased. I almost crossed the centerline once, and had to get out of the gas on another run around the 1/8 mile point. The rear end is all over the place. Here is the stupid part, I am still on stock shocks, which is the next part to get replaced. I did a search on here and am looking at the Strange Silver series shocks, dual adjustable. So now I'll finally get to the questions. 1. What settings would be best for hard launches (6000rpms on the bottle), and 2. What tire pressure do most people run the MT ET drags at (28")? Thanks! Oh, here is a pic of me at the line this past weekend (this was a N/A run, motor only):
Old 07-12-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for the shock settings, we normally recommend starting with a soft rebound setting and a stiff compression setting. This allows for maximum tire force upon initial launch while maintaining adequate pressure through low gear.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Old 07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jaywoo
I went to the track this past weekend, and learned a few things. I had just had a Wolfe Drag bar and BMR LCA relocation backets put on, as well as picking up a set of MT ET Drags (28"), and was anxious to try out the combo. Well, I am not pleased. I almost crossed the centerline once, and had to get out of the gas on another run around the 1/8 mile point. The rear end is all over the place. Here is the stupid part, I am still on stock shocks, which is the next part to get replaced. I did a search on here and am looking at the Strange Silver series shocks, dual adjustable. So now I'll finally get to the questions. 1. What settings would be best for hard launches (6000rpms on the bottle), and 2. What tire pressure do most people run the MT ET drags at (28")? Thanks! Oh, here is a pic of me at the line this past weekend (this was a N/A run, motor only):
FWIW, so far i havent had any problems with my stock shocks causing problems like that, i run my 28's a 14-15psi hot for best results, the pic in sig was a 6100 launch pulling a 1.55, so far i have gotten it to go a 1.48 launching dead straight but the bmr sway is needed for the twist.

im looking at those shocks also, so you may be hearing from me soon jay.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Launching!

I was down to about 11psi in the tires when they were hot. I'm pretty sure that's what was causing quite a bit of my problems then. I'm still getting the shocks, just need to save a little money. Damn, it's never ending...