Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20 pounds off and big difference.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004 | 02:47 AM
TECH Regular

Default 20 pounds off and big difference.

This is one of those little mods...but when ur broke and want to go fast every thing and i mean every thing counts...i removed the pump/sway bar before i would launch at 2k and even though i never passed 3k i would still spin for a good while(4 seconds or so) and then when i would cant traction i would slam it to just spin again at 5k on first gear...and always spin a lil on second...and sometimes on third (just a chirp)...i only launch ones with the pump/sway bar off and at the same launch i always do...i caught traction after only about 2 seconds of spinning...and second didnt even chirp...this is with my tires at 38 psi...so my question is if i drop my tires to about 22 and with an additional loss weight of the battery (relocated to the rear) would all this add up to about a tenth of a second quicker.
Old 07-16-2004 | 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you lower your tire pressure down and get better traction (which you should) then your 60 foot time should drop lower. If you can take a tenth off of your 60 foot time, You will losse almost 2tenths at the 1/4 mile mark.