Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would I lose?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 01:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How much would I lose?????

So i decided to step up in converter. Instead of the Vig3200, i was looking for a TP4400. Well, found a few options, but the best one was a REALLY REALLY cheap UT4800. Now i know this is WAAAY overboard for bolt ons, and even some head/cam setups. I was just wondering how much you'd think I'd lose using that converter instead of having it restalled. Season is ending soon, and i'll probably take it to the track maybe 3-4 times after its in, and then put it away for winter for head/cam swap. I was going for a 10sec head/cam combo. A pretty radical head/cam combo. So, if i was planning on doing that, and the UT4800 would be pretty good for that, I figured why not just keep it the way it is for now, and if it doesn't work too well with the head/cam combo, THEN have it restalled. Is that a good decision? I dont' mind the extra swapping in and out. And the original question is what would i be losing e.t. wise compared to teh TP4400? and would it help if I locked it up in 3rd so it wouldn't be so loose?

Chris