Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

last night events at SIR

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 03:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last night events at SIR

...I kind of liked the track. By best was the second run at 13.89@104mph.... (Tucson, 3,075 ft
altitude, probably ~80's) In a process [2-nd run] my SES light somehow came on... I have this low-speed fan homemade fanswitch, thought it might have a bad contact and blaimed it... but it did not go away, .. I also didn't change the oil for a while... so I made two more passes and left... Does anybody have this experience? Could old oil produce SES?

...unfortunately couldn't get a good race either- 2 civics and another 15-17+sec import, last run was against the supra -
- I wasn't angry, but I think it's pretty cheap - i.e. civic kid before that came up to me and asked for a race and said he's stock - granted, he had a slow car, but so what? For every fast car there is a faster car... ...we chatted a bit about the lights after the race and then this supra - single turbo conversion + nitrous, on slicks. I asked the guy if he's going to run N2O - he said - no. Ok. He runs 11.6&96mph - slammed brakes before the finish line. After the race I ask him - did you spray it - he's - "..yeah, I sprayed it that time". I'm - Ok, nice race. But explain it to me - why? Are you scared? with single turbo conversion + slicks against minor bolt-ons camaro ls1 on street tires? ..I don't get it.