Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much mph are you gaining after the 1/8th

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How much mph are you gaining after the 1/8th

I've been trying to find out if or why I've been losing mph on the second half of the track. After reviewing some of my previous timeslips, I found that typically I was picking up between 23-24 mps in the second half . Normally when I ran 88-89 in the 1/8 th, I would run 112-113 in the quarter. About a month back, I found that my mph had fallen off quite a bit. A short time after that, my transmission failed. I figured that maybe the tranny had been slipping in high gear causing me to lose mph. I recently had a new tranny installed but I'm still having the same problem. I ran a best of 12.09 yesterday but only at 109.4. Before these problems, I was running between 112.5 and 113.7 in this type weather. I did notice that my valvetrain was getting very loud in the upper rpm range so I'm now wondering if I might have weak valvesprings. What do you guys think? I cant understand what hold the car back so much. I thought it might have beena lean condition but my o2s were reading .890 mv. What do you guys think?