Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my car sucks!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my car sucks!!

I went to the race track sunday and made a few passes and well I WAS NOT impressed at ALL. I couldn't keep the car off of the rev limiter and my OBDII port stopped working so I couldn't hook my programmer up to lower the shift points. My best time came out to be a 12.97 @ 107 and I made 2 other 13.0 passes also @ 107(with a previous best of a 12.8 @ 108) and I changed from a 3.23 gear to a 3.73 and put in some TR6 plugs for nitrous since the 12.8 run.

I was hoping to go at least a .1 or so better but instead it slowed down some.

Maybe we can get some great weather one more time before summer and I might can get a good pass in.

Josh S.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: my car sucks!!

What all have you done to your car? I see the 3.73, and you have the bottle, but do you have an M6 or A4? The times seem about right if that's all you have. The thing I would be concerned with is the MPH. I ran 12.8 at 113mph on the bottle. What size shot are you spraying? If you have an A4, you will have to expect those kinda e.t.'s with your mods without a converter. You should be cutting a little higher MPH though. Anyway, post all of your mods so that maybe we can all better help you.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

My car ran a best of 12.8@108 on motor before the 3.73 gears. I was hoping for a 12.60 or so. I only have one nitrous run so far. That was when I was having some knock sensor problems. My car ran a best of like a 13.4 @ 103 and then I tried to spray it and I hit the rev limiter on both shifts and it ran like a 13.1 @ 111. The bottle didn't have much pressure which might have had a little to do with it.(which I have a NX bottle heater ready to be installed now) I was spraying a NX 75hp wet shot. I might try to spray it at a local 1/8 mile track here soon... b/c I have noticed some pretty back slippage in 3rd gear(I need to leave the car alone for now but I guess I'm too dumb to learn from my damn mistakes!)

Josh S.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

Okay, now I understand your 108mph. What are your 60ft times man? Maybe that 3.73 made you spin more than the 3.23 did. That would explain running a tenth or two slower. I wouldn't be too diapointed though. A 12.8 on motor with your mods is pretty good for an A4 car. ****, I ran a 12.8 on 100 shot, so you are doing pretty good. As you probably already know, once you get a converter and tires, you'll be running MUCH better than you are now.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

The car doesn't SEEM to be spinning but there surely was A LOT of rubber on the driverside and NONE on the passenger side. The car doesn't spin much at all(nittos) so I don't think its comming from there it cut consistant 1.9 60's Sunday which is UNHEARD of with my car(its usually 2.0's or 2.1's)sometimes I might get a high 1.9(like on the 12.8 runs). I think transmission slippage is playing a pretty big roll with my problem too.

I have been noticed some pretty bad slippage in third gear. This is the kind of slippage ya get with a m6 car with a RUINED clutch(cruising about 70 mph and press the gas, as if you were going to pass a car kind of quickly but not over 40% throttle) and the motor revs up and then the clutch catches and it moves on out of the way.

Josh S.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if you are hitting the rev limiter on spray...your tranny is prolly slipping and can't handle the power. Plus rev limit and N2O = BOOM

SM
Old 03-10-2003, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

hey shawn if you would like you can give me that extra transmissin if you still have it. he he he

Josh S.