Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have a blown head hasket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do I have a blown head hasket?

I wasn't sure where to post this. But anyway for about the past month, when I turn off my car you here coolant surging into the overflow reservoir. Every so often it will actually over-flow from the reservoir. The car isn't running any hotter than it ever does, according to the factory gauge. I've tried everything. I just don't understand why it does it just when I turn the car off? Please help me out here.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Do I have a blown head hasket?

probably should be in the internal engine section. anyway, is your oil milky? coolant discolored? smoke from the exhaust? any work done to the engine lately? air in the system? sounds like an air pocket. if that isn't it, do a cooling system pressure test and/or pull your plugs. wort case senario, head or head gasket. try the cheap easy stuff first.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Default Re: Do I have a blown head hasket?

We need to move this to internal engine, but try topping up the radiator in the morning while the car runs until the t-stat opens and check the level for a few days in a row. If it's low every day you might have a leaky hose, bad radiator, or bad head gasket.