Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daily driver, carpet

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Daily driver, carpet

Planning on doing high quality replacement or cheap pep boys or wal mart replacement carpet. Just got the cage in and I am wondering...

How much do you really save by doing something like speed inc carpet? And will removing the sound proofing be annoying for a daily driver? Is it very loud without the sound proofing or is it tolerable?

I am thinking about replacing the stock leather power seats too...any suggestions for a new light weight daily driver seat? Looking for something adjustable and under $300. How much weight savings by doing seats with stock brackets?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Year One stuff. It's only marginally louder inside than the stock stuff. Even with the sound deading material it's only ~17lbs
Old 11-29-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I find that? How much does the stock carpet weigh? So you put the sound deadening material from the stock carpet onto the Year One? Or does it come with it?

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
I run the Year One stuff. It's only marginally louder inside than the stock stuff. Even with the sound deading material it's only ~17lbs
Old 11-29-2004, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thougth the speed inc/year one carpet looks pretty poor. i like the A1 Carpets i got for our cars. much nicer than the stock stuff. weight is about teh same.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSnakekiller
Where can I find that? How much does the stock carpet weigh? So you put the sound deadening material from the stock carpet onto the Year One? Or does it come with it?
Year One (sponsor >>->) sells the carpet I have. It comes with sound deadening. Stock stuff weigh's ~34-37lbs. Stock stuff is rubber backed and has a thick deadening material on the back.

Most people like the carpet in my car. It's not perfect, but it's 100% than the do it yourself stuff I have seen, and it's significant weight savings.