Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lexan glass windshield???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lexan glass windshield???

My brother just recieved a Percy's Lexan glass windshield for his 69 SS Camaro. It is oversized 1" and I was wondering what to trim it with? Whats the right tool to use? What to look out for?

It's 1/8" so we will need something to fill the void. What gasket would we use.

Fastener type? Screw size? Countersink the screw holes? Sorry for all the questions but the directions said to trim to fit. lol thats all.

Thanks a million in advanced.

Tom
Old 02-14-2005, 07:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tom I use a electric jig saw with a 32 teeth per inch blade. I install them a couple different ways. The first way is with 10-32 SSbolts and I countersink them with a tool I bought from Jerry Bickel. The only problem is the lexan gets thin around the bolt head. I also have some killer epoxy that we now glue the window in and they have lived thru 200mph passes.. Call me tomorrow and I will give you the part number on the epoxy.

225-343-9029
Old 02-14-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Tom I use a electric jig saw with a 32 teeth per inch blade. I install them a couple different ways. The first way is with 10-32 SSbolts and I countersink them with a tool I bought from Jerry Bickel. The only problem is the lexan gets thin around the bolt head. I also have some killer epoxy that we now glue the window in and they have lived thru 200mph passes.. Call me tomorrow and I will give you the part number on the epoxy.
Thanks a million MADMAN I'll call tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MADMAN
What are you guys doing to blackout the perimeter to hide the epoxy / urethane lines like on a factory windshield or hatch glass? Thanks and take care.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We use black spray paint. Just tape off what you dont want painted and scuff what you do with 220 grit.

225-343-9029
Old 02-16-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will this epoxy allow the windshield to be removed if you ever needed to do so, or is it pretty much permanent?