Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weight reduction for FAT daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt

I think he's saying he would rather gut his car then spray it.

Tin can racing
Old 06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

To me a RACE car would not be fit for daily driving. Maybe if my car couldn't go 30 miles with out everheating it would be a race car. But my car is VERY streetable to me. its also VERY reliable.
Like these guys said i can live with out A/C, heat, power steering, ABS even with out a radio. Lots of people drive beaters with none of these things either, are they race cars?
Why must you hate on someone elses car? To each his own.
and you say 7.05 @ 96 is not fast for a SI street car? i was going 7.30's at 95 when i was 3555 lbs with a cammed 6.0L. So sorry if i'm not as fast as you think i should be but i didn't build my car for your approval. i built it to go as fast as i can afford and still get me to work everyday.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

Not hating just stating facts you have a race car that you drive on the street and its slow.

You have an 11 second race car

And I could give 2 ***** if its SI or whatever it still a 11 second RACE car
Old 06-16-2005, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Not hating just stating facts you have a race car that you drive on the street and its slow.

You have an 11 second race car

And I could give 2 ***** if its SI or whatever it still a 11 second RACE car
If things like this is all you have to say, don't bother. We "could care two *****" about your opinions.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

If things like this is all you have to say, don't bother. We "could care two *****" about your opinions.
And you added so much great material

I'll state my feelings just like every other person on here.

Here is another one if you take a 3" hole saw to your car to lighten it up its a race car
Old 06-16-2005, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

There is a difference between "stating your feelings" and telling someone that they have a slow race car that they drive on the street, which you claim is a "fact", because of how they modded it.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:14 PM
9 Second Club

There is a difference between "stating your feelings" and telling someone that they have a slow race car that they drive on the street, which you claim is a "fact", because of how they modded it.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Who is "we"? It's us and you as far as I can tell.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:39 PM
9 Second Club

Who is "we"? It's us and you as far as I can tell.

Your a retard I just copied what you said

Ya its you SLOW Tin can racing fools against me

I was determined to run a GD 11. I took every loose thing I could find out of the car, even took my wallet and cell phone out of my pockets and took off my belt.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

So now I'm a "tin can racer" because I took loose items like my belt, radar detector, floor mats and maps out of my car? Yeah, riiiight

Trolls are funny.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Here is another one if you take a 3" hole saw to your car to lighten it up its a race car
So if i had never hole sawed my car i would be considered a street car?
WOW i would be 3070 lb street car instead of a3050 lb RACE car.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:sniff: :sniff: does this mean I'm slow too?
Old 06-16-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

If you want to save weight you gotta sacrifice its that simple, The things you wont notice are,, light battery, k-member, light carpet (can gut the stock stuff if you want), front and rear bumper supports removed, rear seats.

If you saw the bumper supports you would understand that theya re not going to help you in a high speed crash so don't worry about them.

After that you gotta go for the more race car type stuff like air bags, door bars, radio, ac/hvac.

If you got cash an aftermarket hood, some good light rims, some seats, and tubular front end will save a good amount of weight.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok you guys really suck, and what i mean is i asked the same question and you all said "look at the sticky" well du we all seen it. He is basically asking of parts that are lighter than stock that he can replace. Im quite sure he doesnt want to ditch the spare tire and jack, i feal the same way and think its dumb as hell to ditch it if you still drive on the street. "What the hell do you do when you get a flat" oh waste monye on a tow. Im not trying to be a dick but come on, mention stuff that he could swap out and still function like it does now meaning he wants to keep the ac..

ok here are the things i have found that can reduce weight:: Hal/Qa1 shocks and springs are worth 15lbs, front k-member and front a-arms are around 40+lbs reduction,light weight battery is roughly 20lbs lighter,remove the air pump which is 12lbs(air pump is only used on start up for emissions which is really not needed,just reduces the time for the cats to heat up),skinny tires and lighter rims-20+lbs reduction,light weight brakes 35lbs lighter,asp crank pulley 5lbs lighter, hight stall converter 30lbs lighter,hollow sway bars 20lbs lighter(note if you have a ss or ws6 it has the 1le front sway bar and is already hollow and weighs 15lbs, solid front bars are 30lbs,stock rear bar is solid so a hollow will net a 5lbs reduction) im quite sure there are other parts that are lighter but cant think of any at the moment.
So guys in the future if someone asks they want to reduce the weight of their cars and have it function the same as now dont tell them to ditch the spare and jack,ac,back seats all stereo stuff. Just list parts that can be replaced with lighter components.. is it really that hard to tell that not everyone wants a half working car......... rant over
Old 06-17-2005, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

I carry a can or two of fix a flat style product. Also, I weighed my sway bar and it was barely over 10 pounds. It really helped weight transfer by releasing the front suspension though.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Your a retard I just copied what you said

Ya its you SLOW Tin can racing fools against me

I like your 11 second race car N/A too. Shoot, it has a three speed, it MUST be a race car. Let the guy be. There's nothing wrong with removing unnecessary bs if you dont use it. I have one accessory on my car and its the alternator. Under 3k pounds and daily drivable. Go troll somewhere else.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:39 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DietCoke
I like your 11 second race car N/A too. Shoot, it has a three speed, it MUST be a race car. Let the guy be. There's nothing wrong with removing unnecessary bs if you dont use it. I have one accessory on my car and its the alternator. Under 3k pounds and daily drivable. Go troll somewhere else.
It has a TH400 because 4l60's wouldnt hold up to the spray.

Its a 10.0 street car Full leater and it looks stock except for the shifter and roll bar.

Whats up with you homo's and this troll ****? Just because I dont have 3,000 posts I'm trolling
Old 06-18-2005, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Whats up with you homo's and this troll ****? Just because I dont have 3,000 posts I'm trolling
This is why you are a troll.

Throw 500lbs back in the car and see how fast it is

I still have full leather interior including the back seats.

No spare and jack (N20 bottle there)

11.teens or what ever you ran aint that fast in a go kart
I have no problem with you doing that to your car just dont call it a street car.
Call a spade a spade, its a gutted race car that you drive on the street.
I think he's saying he would rather gut his car then spray it.

Tin can racing
If I was going to call things the way you do I'd say you don't drive a street car because you have a three speed tranny. After all, I was going to put a TH400 into mine but couldn't live with non lockup no overdrive on the interstate. I guess since you can "deal" with that on the street and I can't that makes your car a race car that you drive on the street, huh?
Old 06-18-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wayne, my car runs 10.7's N/A at ~3390. Does that make it a race car?
Old 06-18-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Buy a miata

Quick Reply: Weight reduction for FAT daily driver