Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you make the midplate yourself?
Old 06-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

i'm definatly interested in that setup...i'd buy one depending on the price....i need to get some weight out of my car for the new setup.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sharp setup. but has anyone just removed the front bumper and kept the foam behind it and just a brace behind it to hold it in place? that's an idea i'm going to work on when the time comes to put the body panels back on.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:46 AM
8 Second Club

I am working on a price for you guys... I will not be able to sell them on the board until I become a sponsor on the forum. So out of respect to the current sponsors if you guys have any general questions please post them. Soon as I have more info I will let you guys know.

As for now I have only done this on a camaro so I don’t have a setup for the firebird cars YET.

As part of this setup I think I will also be including the parts needed to make the center of the radiator support removable.

Thanks for everyone’s impute and compliments on this idea and I hope to have a price for everyone real soon.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:50 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by csjta2
Did you make the midplate yourself?

Yea, its a Alston mid plate and then I added material to it and put a few breaks (bends) in it so that it fit in the car..
Old 06-20-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

im very interested too. do you have any more pics? that front end is truely a work of art, i love it.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Restricted User

Here's my thoughts:
-Bowman, you removed a lot of **** under there first off.
-With that, you also opened up the front end to recieve a lot of air flow, cooling engine/intercooler seems much more feasible with your setup.
-I will venture to say that even with the towhook/strapping points, and thicker bars, you still saved weight, maybe only 5lbs, but with the other advantages, thats more than worth it.

And this is a Hawaii guy thats interested. Might be able to locate a pair of turbos a little easier with the room to manuever being opened up like that

Charlie

edited:

Yep, after looking some more, I definately think it would easily accept a nice FMIC with direct airflow from the two factory snorkels, as well, as possibly a shorter radiator pushed farther forward, run pretty much any FI kit out and keep the stock fans, more than worth it!

Possibly add one small brace to the outside corners? I can see those would be a PITA to pop back out if it pushed in.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

Default Add a Texan to your list !

Hey this is Kev. Definately interested in this for the race version of our Police car. The space opened up is phenominal and the rad support opening itself is worth the efforts. When you decide on a price for this, PM me with details.

Thanks,

Kev
Old 06-22-2005, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

will you be interested in making one for the lt-1 guys. if so keep me posted and put me down for 1............the piece you have there is a great looking piece.

Quick Reply: Front bumper support made **PICS**