Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e-brake aka parking brake.. help please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-brake aka parking brake.. help please!

well im removing the rearend to install my 4.10's ... first off im having a blast lol. . then i run into this ebrake crap and im wondering how much it weights from the handle on back..... also i see the bracket in the ds tunnel for it... but whats in front of that b/t that and the handle.. tryign to see if its worth pulling out or not.. one guy told me all together it might weight 20lbs!!! another said 10 how do i get all that out from under the center console... prolly gonna be a bitch huh?

should i do this or not guys...

btw if it really wieghs 20lbs then its worth it, ill just carry a brick around when im on the street and lodge in front of the tire....
Old 06-22-2005, 10:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled mine. The E brake handle itself is probably 5lbs and the cables coming from the handle to the rear brakes are prob another 5lbs at best.

I cant see removing the E brake from a street car.... The ONLY reason I removed mine is I went with Strange Race brakes from and rear and its now a track only car.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not.. i dont think i have ever ever used it in my car or truck lol.. anyways this really isn't a street car tho its very streetable.. has no a/c among other things and no longer drives in the rain... i have another means of transportation, this is only to take out on a sunny afternoon or go to the track you see?