Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight Project SS update

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 01:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lightweight Project SS update

My brother (99LS1_TA) and I finally got a new weight on our Project SS. The new weight includes new additional mods. Meziere race water pump, Hal rear shocks, Spohn drag sway bar, PS delete, Hawker battery, Aluminum PHB, and more weight removal and the info that was posted here https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=project+ss

The Project SS with all interior panels, seat, dash, carpet and ect. now weight 2740 lbs without driver and with the fuel gauge sitting on E. We haven't had a chance to take it to the track for a new timeslip yet.

Future mods include lightweight hood, brakes and whatever else we can come up with. The pictures show just some of the weight that was removed, the interior and scale ticket.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now WHERE are all those brackets/metal you cutting out located at?

Chris
Old 07-05-2005, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
now WHERE are all those brackets/metal you cutting out located at?

Chris
The first pic shows front frame snouts, also metal trimmed from radiator support, interior floor pan, metal from latch assembly in each door, unused seat belt anchor from floor, above the rearend, e-brake cables / bracket in ds tunnel and other mis. small brackets. This was 40 lbs worth.
In the second pic has rear seat bracket/seat belt brackets over the rear wheel wells, seam sealer and more of stick on sound deadner that was removed. This weighed 9 lbs 7oz

Quick Reply: Lightweight Project SS update