Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mix and Match brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mix and Match brakes?

I see a bunch of people mixing different companies brakes (front to back) so I don't see a HUGE problem with it. But has anyone had any REAL experience with the Wilwood brake setup? I want to use the Rear drag setup on my car. I figured I can just buy the one made for the GM 12-bolt since I have that in the car (AKA dont need the specific 4th gen Camaro one correct?). And I plan to use the Strange front brake setup. Does anyone see a problem with this setup? or stopping should be fine from 160 right
Old 08-17-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the set on my '99 on a 9" rear. worked pretty good. although with my pro stars at the 15x10 and 7.5" BS i still needed to grind them down. more than i would have liked too. when the rear gets narrowed i'll go with a different brand. i like keeping this uniform across the whole car(but i'm picky like that)

Chris
Old 08-17-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
i have the set on my '99 on a 9" rear. worked pretty good. although with my pro stars at the 15x10 and 7.5" BS i still needed to grind them down. more than i would have liked too. when the rear gets narrowed i'll go with a different brand. i like keeping this uniform across the whole car(but i'm picky like that)

Chris

Wait so u were using the Wilwoods out back? What exactly did u have to grind?
Old 08-17-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, sorry. i had the Wilwood HD Drag brake kit. i had to grind the whole face of the caliper just like you would with the stock calipers, just not as much. i think it has to do with the backspacing of the rims, which is why i'm gonna have it narrowed over the winter. the brakes work great, no arguments there. came with the rear end that i had bought from a long time member here. after investing into that, didn't want to drop more money on brakes again.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

no it wont matter which brand brakes you have on the front or rear